Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sam-my

sam-my

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

I am using a Window XP Pro with IE 6
Three weeks ago I had no problem downloading all websites or programs.
In my "Favorites" sites I have three free online virus scan (Panda, Symantec and Trend).
After downloading Free Online Scan Home page of Symantec or Panda and clicking on "Scan Now" or "Go" nothing happened and I get a blank page. The same issue happened when in another website I clicked on a picture saying "View Lesson Demo" .
But: with the Trend Micro free online scan virus it works?!

BTW I found out also that I have a problem with the formating of
this "Post reply" : I can't use all the formating windows that I have just now in front of me such as "Font colours, "Font size", "Quote" etc.
I am clicking on them with "no effect".
Five days ago a friend recommended me to install Firefox browser to solve this issue.
But I can see that the root cause remain unsolved. I tried for example to write this thread using IE and Firefox, the lonely difference is that with Firefox I can download the "Smilies" (not with IE)
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:17 PM

There is a very useful BBCode extension for Firefox that works perfectly with these forums. You can also use the drop down menu found to the left of your posting box which will show you the proper way to include BBCode to your posts.
Your current IE browser problems may be the result of your security settings for these sites being too high.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 21 March 2005 - 11:20 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users