Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fdisk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coolking13

coolking13

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

I dont know if there are any files i have to manualy copy to the floppy after formating it as a start up disk so i can format a hard drive that froze when it hit 100% on formating with a windows xp sp2 cd and now when it gets to that part it tells me that it cant read the cd.. (im like well it read the cd to boot from it and start the whole process so why isnt it reading it now.). ummm if you need more info let me know and thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

Using the cd is almost always prefered, but it sounds like you have a hardware problem or a bad cd and floppy

Edited by DaChew, 03 April 2008 - 09:55 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 coolking13

coolking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

maybe i was trying to fix this comp to begin with. the cd worked the first time reformating and installing but it would freeze a lil bit after it boots windows and im just lookin around. so it expired before i could activate it and so i begin again with a new installation.. i figured it was freezing because the cpu was over heating so i got some thermal compound to put on there. comps so old should prob just chunk it .. ha only like a intel celeron prossessor (sorry for spelling) 400 megaherts or whatever. mmmm

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

400 megaherts

that a windows 98 or lame linux version machine, definitely not an xp one
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 coolking13

coolking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

ha. that was another thought i had . not fast enough for it. mmm guess ill see if i can get 98 on there. well thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users