Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Messenger: Latest Version

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

I have a problem with Windows Live Messenger the current version.

Every time i boot windows the darn thing keep popping up, the box to allow this isn't even checked. And i can't find it listed in Start up programs, can anyone help me stop this program from starting automatically its driving me nuts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Safest way is with a startup manager such as Codestuff Starter
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

If you have a Windows get Windows Defender go to tools then software explorer and disable it. :thumbsup: WD is free and also a anti-spyware program and detects harmful changes etc. just make sure your windows is genuine if not get it from filehippo.

Edited by ///, 03 April 2008 - 09:45 PM.

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

windows defender doesn't show windows live messenger in start-up or any other place. Even contact the team for the program and they don't even know.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

The next time the messenger pops up click on Tools/Options.
General tab. Is the box for Automatically run Windows Live Messenger when I log on to Windows checked? If so, UNCHECK it, click apply.

OR if you don't want to wait until the next time the program pops up, simply open it from your desktop, follow the procedure above.

#6 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

Automatically run Windows Live Messenger when I log on to Windows IS NOT CHECKED. so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and seems to be ok now.

thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users