Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trail versions : how they expire

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nawin_g

nawin_g

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:17 PM

hi,

i always wondered why one cannot re-install an expired trail version.

i have been using few free versions recently like (JCreator pro, folder lock etc..)

although i have completely uninstalled the software and re-install it i find that the number of days left is '0'.

how come this happen? is it that the these softwares are leaving few files in my computer which would help them know at a later stage?

i would be grateful if anyone could help me..

thank u,

PS: i tht this is the most relevant section to post my doubt, if not can anyone suggest the appropriate section to post this topic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:30 PM

Its a mixture of files on the pc as well as entries in the registry.

#3 nawin_g

nawin_g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:16 PM

hi,

thnks for replying but can you give a little more details like where they can be more probably found and how i can edit them to re-install the trail versions.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:56 PM

hi,

thnks for replying but can you give a little more details like where they can be more probably found and how i can edit them to re-install the trail versions.

The thing is that a trial version is excactly what it says. A trial. You will need to now purchase the program. Or maybe find a similar freeware version.

These companies make thier money off of the paid for versions. If everyone did what you are suggesting, then where would they be?

Let me suggest that you start a new topic in the appropriate forum, requesting info. on the chance that there are some similar freeware versions available.
Posted Image

#5 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

Geeezzzeee most of the people reading in this forum make their living writeing code for various programs and apps and ya want them to tell ya how to take the food out of their mouths

Nerve

#6 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

Geeezzzeee most of the people reading in this forum make their living writeing code for various programs and apps and ya want them to tell ya how to take the food out of their mouths

Nerve

agreed
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

HijackThis, Adaware, Spybot search and destroy, Zone Alarm firewall, Spyware Blaster, Type faster!!

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005

#7 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:25 PM

Deodar,
you will NEVER find that kind of help in this forums. If you want to pursue illegal activities, take it elsewhere, or better yet, don't do it at all....

Noone here condones pirating software.

Just think about it:
If there were enough people like you in the world, then companies would STOP making trail versions.

wng
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

HijackThis, Adaware, Spybot search and destroy, Zone Alarm firewall, Spyware Blaster, Type faster!!

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

Here is a handly list of useful and free applications to replace commercial products:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Fre...apps-t3616.html

Companies are decent enough to let you try their programs and applications before purchasing to find out whether you like them and can use them, rather than just tell you pay, download, and live with it. Rather than find ways to get around the trial period, either find a freeware alternative or support the company by purchasing the product.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users