Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtumonde And Trojan Downloader

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leij

Leij

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

Okay so the other day my computer started running really slow and I knew that something was wrong.
I couldnt run my antivirus (panda internet security 2007).
So I ran adaware which found trojandownloader.tiny and something else (i cant remember).
I told a friend about it and he showed me panda activescan, which I did and it removed what it found.
I restarted my comp and ran adaware again and found nothing. But I realised my panda wouldnt start automaticlly.
I thought everything was peachy but found out I couldnt get some sites to load, it kept cancelling in both IE and firefox.
It wont load youtube videos and some flash videos.

I tried to run my antivirus again, and it wouldnt scan no matter how many times i pressed scan.
Dumb as I am I removed the panda software to install panda internet security 2008, and then I ran adaware again...Which AGAIN found the trojan, and virtumonde.

How can I get rid of this crap? I dont know what more to try. Its driving me nuts!

Im currently on my laptop and running adaware again (on my PC), I have run vundfix and virtumundobegone, which found nothing. I get no errors or anything that I really can screenshot for you.

I run windows xp pro, sp2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

Hello,try runnong these online scans and post back with the produced scan logs.

Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
  • Save the report to your desktop so you can post it in your next reply.

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users