Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need To Take Care Of This Before It's Major

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 futons1

futons1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

To anyone who read my first two posts i'm very sorry i most likley sounded like a jerk. I've been out of work with a illness for over a year and a half and have way too much free time and that can be a problem messing with things on my computer. I get my self in some jams, however this is not one of them. I have windows xp pro and I started looking at the error log and what was comming up was "the application management service terminated with the following error: the system could not find the file specified> I never saw any problems due to this so I let it go. Monday i got a different virus scan and deleated advast. I then the next day looked at the error log and it changed to what I think is a bigger problem. It is saying " the following boot start or system start drivers failed to load SASDIFSV, SASKUTIL. The next line says the THE SASDIFSV service failed to start due to the following error: system could not find the path specified and it repeats for the r saying the same thing for the other driver, system could not find the path specified. I can't find anything on the microsoft site and I have used the program before and now I will get charged if I use it again, I think it's $59.00. I need to tell you too some things, one I am not seeing any errors on the computer other than looking at the log, I wouldn't know this was going on had I not looked in the error log, it problem stared alittlle before I took out advast, and are you ready, I don't get a log in screen to log in as owner or system administrator on boot up, one day it didn't come up and it's been four or five months, I can get into it in the safe mode.I understand this may be tow different problems but I want to take care of the driver errors first. Can anyone give me something on this? I use my computer about eight hours or more a day and I'm afraid I'll one day boot up and there will be the blue screen of death.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hi, I don't think this is going to be painful :thumbsup:.

FWIW: All sorts of programs have drivers (AV, malware, video, audio, music, and probably others), in addition to the hardware drivers most persons think of when they hear/read "driver").

The two drivers noted as not starting (saskutil.sys and sasdifsv.sys are both from the SUPERAntiSpyware program. Do you have this program installed on your system? I confirmed these files on my system, I also use SUPERAntiSpyware.

If so, I suggest that you simply uninstall it and reinstall it...since it doesn't seem to be loading properly.

If you don't have it installed, but have used it previously...then you probably have remnants as startup items which cannot find the program (because you've removed it). Those remnants can be removed from the startup items by using a program such as AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

If you decide to use Autoruns, please read all pertinent information before doing anything.

There is not necessarily any error that is prevalent here...maybe just an inaccurate uninstall of a program formerly used. No harm done.

I do ask that you confirm that you have previously used this program and have subsequently removed it, if such is the case.

As for login screens...a login screen is not necessary (I don't get one, I don't need one and I've adjusted my system so that it doesn't appear).

The question is: Can you still access your system without going to Safe Mode? If not, please tell us exactly what happens when you boot your system.

Louis

#3 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

I think the problem my be that i don't have a boot up screen and the computer my be denying me actions and that's why these tow drivers are not booting up. I read this on the microsoft page but they showd a error that I'm not getting and they just said this might happen. I went into the safe mode and the boot screen ws there as normal I logged into system administrator and when I rebooted up it was gone and I was in as joe user. There's a funny thing, I tried to swich to the system administrator (sorry I can't spell) and I can only switch from my setting back to my setting, system adinistrator doesn't come up on the boot up screen> I fricken lost. I can't find any info that really deals with this problem and now it might be two problems, funny it took so long to happen, what chnaged?

#4 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hamlis, I thank you,I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting erros on my bootups. Yes I have the superspyware program and I had a instance where I wantes to take it out and reinstall it and something happened. When I went to uninstall the program, the Quarentine was empty and I had to reregister it and do some configuring, but the product never left the desk top. It did however uninstall from all programs to deleate it, the name did not show up in any remove programs 'but it was on the start up mode and looked normal. I went just a while ago to the super spyware site and I reran the instalation, it was supposed to come up with three opions for me to , uninstall it, to repair it or to install it. That ddin't happen, it installed, but I don't see a second one and I think it repaired the one I had. No second icon and I can't see any diffenence except now I can uninstall it from add and remove.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Sometimes programs don't get everything when they are uninstalled, so it may be difficult to determine if the program is still there or is working properly.

When in doubt, I just find it easy to uninstall and reinstall...or just reinstall desired programs.

I'm still not understanding what happens when you boot your system (the login thing). Can you list exactly the steps you go through to access your programs once the system is up? You should not have to go to Safe Mode to access the system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users