Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have "win32:zlob-abc[trj]" What Do I Do?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

Hello all,

I am running avast free edition and was running a boot scan and had alot of "Win32:Zlob-ABC[Trj]" pop up out of my C:\System Volume Infromation\_restore..... Now when I went to try and repair it it said unknow object or something like that so then I tryied to move it to my chest and it gave me the same answer. So I just ignored them and went on. After the scan I looked in my chest and they were in there. So I re-ran my boot scan agian and it did the same thing in the same location. Now is it actually in my chest or NOT, and if so can I delete them?

PLEASE HELP my computer is over run with so much crap and Im just trying to get it cleaned out!!!!

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,711 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

Hello swaMprUnner,

Sorry about the delayed response. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us.

The file that AVAST flagged is in the System Restore, a protected windows folder. This is used when you have to roll your computer back to an earlier stage.

The best way to remove those files is to flush your restore posts. The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point. Note: The link provides directions for XP Pro. If you have XP home, disk-cleanup starts automatically. Please let it finish calculating possible space to free, then click on the More Options tab as instructed below.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
I am concerned, however, that unless you recently completed a disinfection process that you have other infected files.

What security programs do you have installed besides AVAST? Please name them.

What other issues are you experiencing with the computer?

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users