Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Mix Different Brands Of Wireless Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tripr0ck

Tripr0ck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:02 AM

I have an old Linksys Wireless-G router that is hard-wired to my main computer and another computer a few rooms away with a wireless PCI card and I have another laptop that I want to add to the network and I want to make it wireless too, can I use a Belkin or Netgear or whatever wireless pcmcia card or do I have to use a Linksys?

Thanks for any info :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hello,

There should be no problem in doing that, The only concern would be that the oldest hardware may not be able to communicate with the newer hardware. However if the hardware is not that old it should be fine.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users