Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojanhorsedownloader.xs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

Hello,
I recently picked up this nasty little bug. The symtoms included a "Blue Screen" on my desktop cautioning me that I was infected with a virus and to click here for a removal scan. Also while online I would recieve pop-ups of 2 different types: one was blue with a yellow sheild and a header that stated something about "Security Center....Whatnot"....The other was red in color and basically stated the same crap as the other....Click here for removal....

I did a "Yahoo Search" on this topic and landed here...I read through the topic about using this forum and did all of the things asked exept I didn't load the additional software...Adaware and so on....I scanned my system with XsoftSE, RegCure, and AVG7.5...AVG7.5 found the bugger and quarranteed it...My system now seems back to normal.

I did use your tools ComboFix and HJThis to compile a report after the fact. I would like to post them here for one of the exports to examine them to ensure that I have completly removed all of my problems.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

Appearently, I posted this topic in the wrong forum as it was moved here. I still would like some help to verify that I have completly rid myself of this problem.
Thanks Again

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:52 PM

Hello douglas martin,

Sorry about the delayed response. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

Sorry about not responding...I hung around here for a couple of days but didn't get a response so I moved on to bigger and better things. The answer to your question is XP Home Edition. I haven't had a re-occurrance of this trojan since AVG 7.5 quaranteed it. The only problem that I have now is my speakers aren't working in windows. I have opened up the device manager and double-clicked the devices, windows tells me that they are working properly. I have tried to update the drivers...un-install and re-install the device...I have checked for conflicts. I have went through every item on the help-support section. The only things that I see wrong is if I open up the control panel, click on sounds and audio devices, click on sounds or audio and the message says that there are no devices installed...The dialogue boxes won't even open. It's not that great of an issue for me outside of not being able to hear any videos that I view...Thanks for responding though...I realize that you guy's are doing this stuff on your own dime...

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hello douglas martin,

I'm glad the trojan problem has been sorted out. About the speaker problem, you may wish to post in the Audio Visual forum.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for the link...I have posted my problem there and will await a response...Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users