Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Use Chinese Software In English Version System

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 deepinthesoul

deepinthesoul

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

I want to use chinese software in my english version system windows xp sp2,but the chinese words in the software can not display correctly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hi, go to control panel>regional languages>langauages>install files for east asia languages, you will need your xp cd.
MCP
MSDST

#3 deepinthesoul

deepinthesoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:01 AM

Thank you for your help.
I 've done that.
Now the Chinese filename can displayed correctly,but the text in the file still can not be displayed correctly.
I want to know how to get it down.

Edited by deepinthesoul, 26 April 2008 - 12:09 AM.

#4 deepinthesoul

deepinthesoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

Sometime I have to type Chinese in the English system, for some of my friends know nothing about english,
how to make this?

#5 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

Well I decided having a huge paragraph sucks, so I made a little picture. Hope it isn't too complicated just follow the arrows and numbers :thumbsup:
Posted Image
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#6 deepinthesoul

deepinthesoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

Great!
Thank you skyfuser! Your method is accurate and easy to follow.
I can type chinese now!

But there's still one problem:
I receive some txt files from my friends, they are typed in chinese, but when I open it,it become codes that I don't know.
Here are samples of such codes:
"Windows下JAVA环境变量的设置祥解

Windows下JAVA用到的环境变量主要有3个,"

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

If it's small pieces of text, you could try Babblefish
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

Great!
Thank you skyfuser! Your method is accurate and easy to follow.
I can type chinese now!

But there's still one problem:
I receive some txt files from my friends, they are typed in chinese, but when I open it,it become codes that I don't know.
Here are samples of such codes:
"Windows下JAVA环境变量的设置祥解

Windows下JAVA用到的环境变量主要有3个,"

That's strange I've never had that problem before.
And while your text posted on the forum comes out weird, it looks perfectly fine on the notification subscription on my Gmail account. Weird :thumbsup:
What program are you using to view the Chinese? Notepad and Wordpad will NOT work.
And while I'm not an expert in this area, it's possible that you're viewing the text in the wrong encoding method.
It says "Windows下JAVA环境变量的设置祥解

Windows下JAVA用到的环境变量主要有3个."
And if I read it correctly, it says something about Java Runtime Environment. Then something about 3. Not sure :flowers:
Try viewing the text in Microsoft Word. Or if you're willing to pay for something, NJStar has an excellent word processor.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users