Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Gaming And Stuff Machine

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pofrot

pofrot

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

Hi guys

I play eve online, watch movies, run dreamweaver, photoshop and anything i can on my PC. Not at once mind u.

Its time for an upgrade and this is my choice, i wanna know what u think:
motherboard , cpu , ram , http://cgi.ebay.ie/NVidia-GeForce-8800GT-5...1QQcmdZViewItem , PSU
and im using my current hard drives, seagate 250Gb sata x2 hehe.

My current system i also built myself, bout 3 years back, 1 problem i did have was. After buying everything, i assemlbed the whole thing, and then it wouldnt work, main prob was the board or whatever, didnt pick up my HD with OS(xp sp2), sata drives that is. I had to take it in to a pc repair shop and they charged me 2 much i think.

Have the new m/boards evolved beyond that point and when i do assemble this new one it will work/pick up my Hd 1st try??

If you have suggestions regarding this setup, please link what u think is better, i aint got 2 much mony 2 spend on this so keep that in mind.

cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:03 AM

fleabay is not a good place to get quality components

even in the UK

that psu doesn't even have the right power connectors

no name ram?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

I have to concur with Dachew's feelings about ebay, even if the person guarantees the product you may have a very hard time getting you money back if it shows up DOA. To top this off their "deals" are that hot by comparison to what you can purchase form online sites like Newegg and Tiger Direct. I have had nothing but good experiences with Newegg. My NEC 4550A was having trouble a few days before the warranty was to run out, this happened to be over the Thanksgiving weekend. Newegg didn't have a problem with the fact that the warranty had technically run out, they sent the RMA number to me and replaced the drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:13 AM

My friends over at the Imgburn forum do a lot of their shopping at dab's and svp

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quick...5&InMerch=1

here's some ram of the same specs from probably the best known manufacturer in the world

of course for such fast ram with high voltage specs it's safer to get a compatible motherboard
Chewy

#5 pofrot

pofrot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Ok ive made some changes, according to advice i got from several forums.
Tll me what you think man:

MoBo
CPU
RAM
FX
PSU
Hows that??

Edited by pofrot, 03 April 2008 - 11:21 PM.

#6 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

If you dont want to spend a lot on a gfx card then look at the 8800GS its a lil more then an 8600gt but extremely better.
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#7 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/(32723)XpertV...-DDR3-PCIE.aspx

the new 9600GT's are testing a lot better than I expected
Chewy

#8 fred333

fred333

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users