Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fasih

Fasih

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

I have just installed Call of Duty 4 for my PC.

When i try to run the multi player, it says it cannot open and says i need UBYTE4N vertex data. Now im not so smart :thumbsup: but what is that? here is my info:

Posted Image

Can anyone tell me what kind of video card i can get for cheap. From somewhere like www.factorydirect.ca

I live in canada.

So please tell me

~Fasih

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:58 AM

does newegg not work in canada?
If in fact you do actually need a card, the lowest i would go for that is the 7600. 8600 is almost the same price and i can tell you first hand that it runs COD4 like a champ, with GDDR3 and 512MB version anyway. was 100 bucks on newegg.

The card i have is eVGA. But newegg is having a sweet special on MSI 8600 cards right now. got my girlfriend a 256MB GDDR3 8600GT for $85 out the gate, with a $20 rebate and a $50 game(the witcher). So you effectively get the card for 15 bucks

Edited by smurfgod, 03 April 2008 - 12:07 PM.

#3 Fasih

Fasih
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

Hi smurfgod.

Thanks for telling me. I will be looking around for it.

#4 Fasih

Fasih
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Would this be a good video card?

http://factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_sp...hp?pcode=AT9200

#5 MOBOFX

MOBOFX

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hi Fasih
I bought a Sony computer 4 years ago and it came with an ATI 9200. It's an old card, by computer standards it's an antique. I replaced it with an ATI 1950, 512 MB because of substandard performance with my flight simulator program. The 9200 is better then the integrated video I gave mine to a friend who only had that on his PC. If you still want a 9200 you can get a better price for it on E-bay but if you want to see an improvement after an upgrade
you're going to have to spend a little more money, take "SMURFGODS" suggestion.

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

That card probably won't play Cod4 well or at all. That website seems kind of lame, they have mostly only old video cards and nothing good for newer ones. Are you sure your computer uses pcie, and not agp?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Newegg doesn't ship to Canada, I wish they did! You can also order from www.tigerdirect.ca there good but there prices aren't always the best like Newegg. For videocards you c ould also check ebay if you want, I got my ATi X1950 Pro off there for 150$ when it was 200 or more at stores and on Tigerdirect ( Even though Canadian curency is like the same as American currency, we still pay way more for everything )

If you buy Ebay just make sure the person has good feedback and read the descriptions!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

I can't recommend buying anything from E-bay. The products may be used, abused and put up wet. You don't know what your getting and if it fails your better off burning the 100.00 bill then trying to get your money back. I have in the past bought one motherboard and had great results, but theres just to much to chance. You can try Amazon.com they have retailers that ship to Canada. We have many forum members that live outside the US that can recommend reputable retailers.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users