Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Has A Worm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1bad420a

1bad420a

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

i have seem to have gotten a worm zhelatin cc to be exact. i run spybot usually weekly, update and check and hardly ever have a problem (for a novice anyways) my wife went to a coupon website. and downeeloaded a program to print coupons then calls me went everything went crazy.

heres the symptoms i get a rundll error everytime i click on almost anything, task manager is disabled. i have spybot it runs and cleans but on restart it comes back, i ran regcure and xoftspyxe both identify issues xoft recognizes the worm but cant clean because its in explorer.exe and it says it will clean it on restart, but on restart i get the rundll errors and im back to the beginning again by the way i can only run programs if i right click, run as, the uncleck the box that protects my pc.

any ideas? ive searched the forums tried to down load other spyware removal programs but the rundll shuts down the program

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1bad420a

1bad420a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

anybody? can help?

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,848 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

Hello 1bad420a and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Sorry about the delayed response. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us.

In order to assist you, we need some additional information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What security programs do you have installed besides Spybot and XSoftSpy? Please name them.

Do you have access to another computer?

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users