Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Really Don't Know What To Do Now...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fasih

Fasih

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

I have recently been infected with what i think is a trojan. My anti-virus program isn't responding anymore, it's AVG Free anti-virus. This infection won't allow me to open anything. I cannot open any programs, but i can open html documents to get access to internet explorer. I've tried many online virus scanners and trojan removers, and all of them say i'm infected, and even though i click remove, or disinfect, the infection is still there. Every time i click on a program it says: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

My friend told me to try safe mode, but my anti-virus didn't work there either. And now my safe mode has errors on it. It wont start.

Please help me anyone :thumbsup:

Thank you for reading and i hope any one of you can help me.

~Fasih

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,051 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

Hello Fasih and welcome to BC :flowers:

In order to assist you we need a bit more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Besides AVG anti-virus, what other security programs do you have installed?

I've tried many online virus scanners and trojan removers, and all of them say i'm infected, and even though i click remove, or disinfect, the infection is still there.

Do those online scanners provide the names of the infections? If so, can you please list them?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 Fasih

Fasih
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

Hi Orange Blossom, and thanks :thumbsup:

My operating system is XP. Sorry if i haven't supplied it. The trojan seems to have made its own account and made it self administrator, and now im just a guest. I formatted my C drive, which is where the infection was, its now fixed. Thanks for the support.

~ Fasih

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,051 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Hello Fasih,

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you remain infection free.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users