Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Comp. Please Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 loravk

loravk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

ran avg 7.5 free edition and spybot. avg found "trojan horse SHeur.BCEW" and deleted it, "virus found Lop" x 2 and quarantined them. spybot found vitrumonde (?) and said it fixed it. when i open avg, it says "to finish the update process, you must restart your computer. do you want to restart it now?" when i click yes, it restarts and says the same thing when i try to open it again. overall it is running very slow. i hope someone can help me. thank you for any assistance with this.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

Hi

1. Download combofix from any of these links and save it to Desktop:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you (C:\ComboFix.txt). Post that log & a fresh hjt log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Combofix should never take more that 20 minutes including the reboot if malware is detected.
If it does, open Task Manager then Processes tab (press ctrl, alt and del at the same time) and end any processes of findstr, find, sed or swreg, then combofix should continue.
If that happened we want to know, and also what process you had to end.

If you have problems with Combofix usage, see here

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:51 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users