Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Slow To Load Pages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Confused X 2

Confused X 2

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Dell 8300
XP Pro SP2 IE7

When I go to any web page it takes at least 30 seconds for the page to load. On the left of the lower task bar it says looking for www.whatever the it says waiting on www.whatever, then after what seems like an eternity it loads. I think this started after I ran PC Pitstop Optimizer but I am not sure of the exact timeline. I have done a system restore, uninstalled then reinstalled IE7. I have Zone Alarm Internet Security and have updated and scanned with SpySweeper, Adaware, Spybot and Trend Micro. Does anybody have an idea as to what I should do next? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

IE7 is slow and bloated - try another browser like Firefox. firefox is light on resources and must faster.

Download Firefox browser
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

There are usually three causes for the majority of these problems.

One is incompatible add-ons: What if you right click the IE icon on the desktop and choose Start Without Add-ons?
Or go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

Or you can try Resetting Internet Explorer Settings.
Tools / Internet Options / Advanced. Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
See How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings .

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Confused X 2

Confused X 2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

Well, I downloaded Mozilla and had the same problem. I reset IE7 and had the same problem. So I decided to bring the computer (it's my computer at work) home. It works great at home! Work speed is about 1 MB and home is about 4MB. I use a D-link 624 at work and my line goes through another router before it goes to the main router. The only thing that bothers me is that I took my D-link out of the picture today and still had the same problem. That's why I thought the problem was in my computer. I think I will take both computers to work tomorrow and try to identify the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

#5 Confused X 2

Confused X 2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:14 AM

First of all, thanks for the replies. The problem was that my router had reset for some reason. I had a static address programed and it had changed to dynamic. It even changed my wireless to open from WPA and zeroed out my pass-phrase. I entered a static address and all is good now. Guess it's time for another router. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users