Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Is A Complicated World!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bandselect

Bandselect

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:53 AM

Hi Everyone -
I think I have a malware, spyware, or virus problem, but I just don't know! I discovered my problem when trying to install Acronis Desktop to allow backups. I found that my machine would lock up and explorer.exe would quit/crash, leaving me a desktop sans start button and icons for the programs, etc. So far none of the commercial and free tools that I have found have solved my problem. I have also done the steps suggested here to check my computer - but I believe this is software related since I also have found that I cannot install other programs intended to look for spyware.

I really appreciate that this community exists to help eradicate these software villians!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

Hi and welcome :trumpet: ;

you have already posted a log IN the log section

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...&pid=784727

so you really need to await a trained helper to assist you there;

meanwhile ; it is indeed a complicated world and ya never knows what little nasty critter is just waitin' out there to get yer, does you :thumbsup:

good luck with the clean up :flowers:

(edit for spelling whooppssyy)

Edited by ruby1, 02 April 2008 - 08:37 AM.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

Avoid making any major security changes to your computer until a member of the HJT Team can review your log, as these may invalidate the data.
I am sure our Team can help you.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users