Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Not Recieving ( Gmail Account`

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:46 AM

I dont recieve my emails at nite for some reason. I have gmail set up in outlook. How can I fix this? It is sending just not recieving.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

Doublecheck and proofread every entry in the Gmail account. E-mail servers are extremely picky about even the minutest typo.
The "at night" phrase is confusing; can you get your E-mail if you manually ask for them?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Actually I was wrong. Its not that I am not recieving at nite. I am not recieving from certain email addresses altogether. Any idea why?

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

you are of course aware that all e mails , when sent from a computer, have to arrive on a server ( web page)from which you then download them to your computer via your email client ?

have you yet opened and checked on the server to which the emails are apparently being sent to assertain that they have actually arrived ON the server?

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

I am still having this problem and now I am not recieving important emails for business. Its not only at nite time like I thought. I sent myself a test message from my aim account and never got it along with other emails people sent to me. But at the same time I am getting emails from certain people. Please help if you can. I checked gmail web based because I recieve my email on outlook through gmail. Those emails were not recieved there either.

#6 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

Hello chugg,

When logged on at the Gmail web page interface, did you check the Spam folder? It might be that Gmail is incorrectly classifying some incoming messages as spam. If that is the case, those messages will never be downloaded to Outlook on your computer and those messages (the ones in Gmail's Spam folder) will be deleted from the Gmail server after they have been there for 30 days.

The following is a link to the Gmail Help Center, with information on what you can do if some e-mail is being misclassified as spam:

Gmail Help Center, Spam:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=12846

This can also happen with other e-mail providers (e.g., the e-mail address provided by your Internet Service Provider). Some ISP's and e-mail services allow you to disable their spam filters, while others do not.

If you use an e-mail client program (like Outlook or Outlook Express) to retrieve your e-mails, it is a good idea to occasionally log on directly to the web-based e-mail interface (for each e-mail address you have) to verify that legitimate e-mails are not incorrectly classified as spam at the ISP/e-mail-server level.

#7 UltimaWeaponX

UltimaWeaponX

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:12 AM

Depending on what kind of server your email comes from (I believe Gmail is a POP3 or POP server), the emails being sent to your outlook inbox may be lost someone along the way. I don't know if you've manually tried to Send/Recieve, but certain servers cannot by-pass the automatic send/receive option.

Are your emails being sent by Hotmail users? Are you using a Hotmail account as well?

Most of the time, Outlook will never Automatically retrieve new emails from Hotmail servers. Outlook is just not configured to do that. Weird no?

I don't have information from you to assume you've already done this, but you could try manually to Send and Receive (by default it's F9 on your keyboard in outlook 2007). See if that works.
UltimaWeaponX

Laptop: HP dv6648se Notebook
Interests: Graphic and Web Design

#8 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:08 AM

Ok, neither of the previous 2 posts replies to me. Today I recieved a bunch of emails on my blackberry and in my regular inbox on my web based gmail account. But it did not come to my outlook. I tried to send myself a test email from my aim account and recieved it on gmail and my blackberry but again not on my outlook. I dont know whats wrong. I recently changed my gmail from pop to imap because of my blackberry. But this was happening before this.

#9 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

Ok I deleted my account and re did it and it works now! Thanks so much for all of your help!!! : )

#10 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:58 AM

Ok I thought I fixed it by deleting my email account through outlook and then following the instructions that gmail gives me to ad a new email account. When I click finish all my email that I was missing comes through. But then when I close outlook and open it back up all of that email is gone again. I deleted my account several times and added the new one. Every time I close and then open outlook the email is gone again! I have no clue whats going on here. I double checked all of the settings several times and they are correct. I dont know why this is happening. Any ideas? I even installed the email updates from microsoft.

#11 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

Someone please help me if you can. I am getting killed in business because of this. Since I switched from pop to imap this started happening.

#12 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:57 PM

Ok I found the problem. Imap created a special folder and i didnt see it. Its no longer an inbox. Please keep this in mind for the next guy that has this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users