Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Recycle Bin Not Working Right

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

I've been running Vista Ultimate a year and two months (one of the really early adopters) and have had problems but also seen corrections. For the most part I feel it is fairly stable.

I am having a problem I hope somebody can help me with. My recycle bin doesn't show that it has items to delete. It just shows an empty basket. When I go and check I see things in there so I delete them.

I have deleted the recycle (intentionally) and the went to Personalize on the desktop and chose to set all the defaults. It works for awhile and then it just goes back to showing as though there is nothing in it.

Has anyone else had this problem (I can't be that unique!) and found a way to correct it. Please post and let me know.

Thanks for all your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EwenB

EwenB

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

This worked for me:

"HERE IS THE FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM: right click on desktop, got to
'personalize', then in the left column click 'change desktop icons'.
Afterwards, click on the 'recycle bin empty' icon and change it with the icon
that shows the recycle bin full…and do the same for the 'recycle bin full'
icon. Click apply. Now when the recycle bin is full it will show empty and
when empty it will show full. Go back and change them to the normal icons as
they should be and it will solve the problem"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users