Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I'm Infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maio

maio

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

hello and welcome :thumbsup: it would help to know what your windows version is, what your antivirus program is and what other protection programs you have already run to try to get rid of your infection?

Hello i have the same problem: when i click on "mycomputer" and than click on hard disk icon , it pop's me up another folder, though in the folder settings it has been set to "open each folder in the same window", and as they said before it disabled me the possibility to view hidden folders.

Im using Norton 2008 on windows XP pro , each time i click on "my computer" im getting from norton a notification saying that booldhound.packed.jmp has been blocked.

I tryed to run scan on safe mode but no success Norton can not delete it , it just blocks it !

I tryed the removal tool T68KVsmasher 1.1 , NO SUCESS.

Please would it be possibile to remove it without formating windows ?
Thank you

Mod Edit: This post was split, to create a new topic, from - Bloodhound.packed.jmp

Edited by tg1911, 01 April 2008 - 06:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

This may be a false positive thru Symantec's Bloodhound Hueristic technology. There is an excellent explanation and a suggestion by one of our best malware experts, Quietman7 here... read Post #3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139267/bloodhoundpackedjmp/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users