Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mac Printing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_mattbronson_*

Guest_mattbronson_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

Hi, I've just purchased a new MacBook 2GB version and am getting to grips with the transition from Windows slowly. I'm loving the performance and the display and a lot of the other things that Windows machines simply don't have!

However... I'm trying to connect to my home network which consists entirely of Windows PCs, Laptops and a couple of HP OfficeJet 5510 printers. I see the printers OK but when I try to print anything, the job gets sent to the print que and doesn't actually print. The only way of clearing the print que is by stopping the print spool on the server, clearing out the spool directory in windows and restarting the spooler.

Windows printing is still fine after I clear the que but it seems that in this case "Mac's just DON'T work"!!!

Can anyone shed any light on this problem please? I've spoken to Apple support who were unable to help...

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:43 AM

Mac OS X 10.5: Troubleshooting printing issues You probably went through these troubleshooting steps with the Apple Support Tech. It wouldn't hurt to go through them again, the Tech might've missed something.
Is there any errors showing when the print queue stalls? These are for OS X 10.4 and I don't know if they'll work on OS X 10.5 though. I've used one or the other to print wirelessly to an HP that's connected to a PC.
Printing to a printer on a Windows XP PC from a Mac running 10.4.x
Mac OS X: Cannot locate a shared Windows printer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users