Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hope Someone Can Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mumgonemad

mumgonemad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hi all, i'm new to the site and found this site while searching for a driver.

My son has been on my comp and installed teasmspeak and xfire.
Since he's been on it, i am getting nothing but pop ups and now my epson print cd which was working perfectly before isn't now. The comp keeps sort of freezing for a couple of minutes and then its fine.
I'm running xphome and did a format the other day to get rid of these pop ups and now there back.
I have avast anti virus - i've run ccleaner and spybot and am at the moment trying avg anti-spyware.
If it helps at all - the pop ups ALL have CiD in front of them. right at the moment i have CiD:uk game

Anyone have any idea as to how i can clear my comp of these dreaded pop ups without having to format????

i would be eternally grateful.

cheers
mum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

HI :thumbsup: did you do merely a reformat or did you do a completer reinstall?

#3 mumgonemad

mumgonemad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hi Ruby, i did a complete reinstall.
i'm just doin an online ESET scan.
well did the scan and had 9 malware thing's which ESET took care of and then i did AVG anti-spyware and just had a few tracking cookies which aren't as bad as malware.

Right i found a previous post in forums regarding CiD pop-ups and followed the instructions and hey prestow - - NO POP UPS since.

BUT since having the pop ups my epson print cd wont work.
It kept saying sommit about a driver picsdk.dll - which i have now downloaded - now when i go to print on a disc ( paper printing works ok) i get - - the epson printer driver dealing with cd printing is not installed.

IT WAS WORKING PERFECT B4 ALL THIS MALWARE/SPYWARE CRAP.

think i gonna chuck the comp out the window. - -wish i lived in a high rise flat.

PROBLEM SORTED.
Uninstalled everything to do with the printer - restarted comp - reinstalled and its now working great.
mum

Edited by mumgonemad, 02 April 2008 - 04:28 AM.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

Hello mumgonemad,

I'm glad you got the problem fixed. Thanks for letting us know. :flowers:

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users