Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Cannot find SHELL.DLL"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Glen41Bo191

Glen41Bo191

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:36 AM

Hi all,
I don't quite know if this is the place to post this message or if I should post it into the software section ...

I am using Primavera Project Planner 3.1 and since a few days it will not run. When launching the program it displays seven consecutive windows will the "Close" option. Text in the windows is "Cannot find SHELL.DLL". The next and last window after the seven first one is "Division by zero or stack overflow" (I am running Windows 2000 SP4 in French, the translation is by myself, the original message was in French).
The program just closes and does not go any further !
I tried to re-install but when removing the program or when trying to install it keeps saying the same thing.

I think this .dll is not registered or something like that but I don't know how to fix the problem.

I have been infected in the recent days by CWS highjacker but I don't think it is really related !

Thank you for any help !

G41.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Glen41Bo191

Glen41Bo191
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:54 AM

Oup's,
it seems I posted my message a bit fast.
I read somewhere else on the net that CWS could have removed it from C:\WINNT\System32\ so I copied it from C:\WINNT\System\ to System32\ and the problem seems to be fixed now.
Sorry for this unnecessary post !
G41

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users