Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Password

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ipray4u2000

ipray4u2000

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Is it possible for someone to alter my passord for http://192.168.1.1? I am trying to change my sign-on password for the wireless computers on the network and can't because the password for the above link does not work. I am the only person in my household that is computer savy to do this. Is there a way that I can reset it without having this password? FYI: My profession is nursing.... I am doing this out of despiration! So please with your responses be simple, brief, and step by step. Thanks for your help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hi ipray4u2000,

Have you ever changed the user name and password on this sign in? If you are not sure try the default for Linksys:

User Name: Leave it blank, don't put anything in this box

Password: admin

and hit "Enter"

If this doesn't work and you can't get in, you will have to reset your router and set it up again, it will have all the default settings and you will start with all new manufacturer settings. So you will have to set up the router all over again. You can reset the router by taking a pen and holding in the RESET button on the back of the router for about 30 seconds. Once you release you will lose your connection and it will need to be set up again.

How to reset router:
http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksy...d=9431637401B35

** BEFORE YOU RESET THE ROUTER, BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE BELOW BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE CONNECTION WHEN YOU RESET THE ROUTER, THIS WILL HELP YOU SET IT BACK UP.**

If you don't know how to set up your router here is a link that should help you:

Select the first link , EasyLink Connect: it will bring up a download box for the software to help you reinstall. If you have DSL you will need your User Name and Password that your ISP (service provider) gave you, in order to set up your router.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c...d=7829277881L05

I hope I explained it ok, if you need a better explanation, let me know.

#3 ipray4u2000

ipray4u2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:30 AM

Thank you so much for your response... I guess I needed to include more information. I am working with an ACORP router... unfortunately this is Russian and I only understand a little bit of Ukrainian - I am serving here as a missionary. Would the Linksys information work for this router as well? The Model number is ACORP Sprinter@ADSL W422G. Also if I have the disc for the router would this help to re-install and set up? Thanks again.

#4 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

The directions I sent were for Linksys. I will look and see what information I can find for you. The Url you gave usually is used for Linksys routers. So I just figured it was, sorry. I will see what I can find, unless anyone else is familiar with your router.

#5 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

Yes the cd should help you reset up the router. But be sure you have your service providers User ID and Password, that is different from the router user and password.

But before you reset the router try the user name admin
Password admin
when you enter the http://192.168.1.1 in your browser.

So, You will also use the http://192.168.1.1 the user name and password are both admin for your router.

Here is a link :

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

Under the Model title use the second selection for
Quick Guide configuring
модема Sprinter@ADSL LAN 120/420 Sprinter modem @ 120/420 ADSL LAN

You can either just view it or download it to your computer. Let me know if you have any other questions. Try the name and password "admin" first and see if you get in. You can use lower case letters. If you can't get thru then you will need to reset the router. You should still have a similar button in the back of your router. Hopefully it will say Reset. It is usually set in so that it takes a pen to push in to reset it. Usually 30 sec. is enough time for holding in the button.

You will still need your User ID and Password from your service provider to set it up if you reset the router. Just remember that is different from the router password and User ID. You will not connect if you do not have the proper information.

Hope this is helpful. :thumbsup:

#6 ipray4u2000

ipray4u2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

Thank you so much for your help. It took me several days to get ahold of the password from the internet provider... customer service in the former USSR is not the same as the US :thumbsup: Thank you so much for your clear instructions and willingness to help!

#7 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

Your welcome, let me know if I can help any further. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users