Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 98 Boot Cd?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 supersquaw

supersquaw

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:13 AM

I tried searching but i got an error that my words were not long enough, stupid search function.

Anyway, I need to turn an ntfs drive back to fat32 so I can install 98 because xp has too much garbage running and way too much security crap. The problem is my floppy drive is busted and I cant boot from it, is there a win 98 boot cd? If there is, where can I get it?
Take what you can, give back nothing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

You know a floppy drive is only 7 or 8 bucks.
I think you can do that with any Live Linux CD
Also check these out
Bart's CD
Ultimate Boot CD
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:23 AM

The problem is my floppy drive is busted and I cant boot from it, is there a win 98 boot cd? If there is, where can I get it?

The Win98SE is bootable but if you want to use WinXP on another another partition then your going to need a floppy drive so you can boot from floppy, Fdisk the drive to make two partitions then Format them. As garmanma says they aren't much. :thumbsup:

Edited by Keithuk, 02 April 2008 - 06:25 AM.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

GParted will boot from CD and reformat - repartition your drive.
Very easy to use.
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#5 supersquaw

supersquaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:46 AM

hey guys it took a while for the advice, but thanks a lot, I can alwasy depend on y'all for help. I went to the torrents and downloaded an ILLEGAL copy of a bootable xp disk and all was well for a long while untill I downloaded a virus.

I reinstalled xp and now get a win32 services generic host window poopping up then my sound card doesn't work. bleepin xp. any Ideas guys? Help a brother out!!
Take what you can, give back nothing

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

From our Forum Rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Subject is closed

Edited by garmanma, 15 June 2008 - 09:51 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users