Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Mp3 Turned Into A Boot Loader Disk Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 millgard

millgard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

My daughter plugged in her generic mp3 player (iPod look a like) to my computer and somehow Vista has turned it into a boot loader device. When I try to open the icon it asks me to insert a disk and through device manager it lists it as USB 2.0 Boot Loader USB Device in disk drives. For the sake of my daughters sanity can someone help me make it play the loud horrible music she like to listen to?

Iíve tried it on several different systems. vista and xp. All say the same result. If you know of a generic mp3 driver I can try it would be most helpful.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:12 AM

Hello and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

My first step would be to format the device.
Plug it in to your computer, click My Computer, then find the device. Right click and select "format"

Also, did the MP3 player come with an installation/driver disc of any kind?
If so I think we can get the driver from that.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users