Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Distortion?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ill_Nino

ill_Nino

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:14 AM

Okay, first off, I'm not 100% sure if you are able to see my problem.

I have an Asus VW222 Widescreen LCD Screen. Specs can be found here.

I would like to know why though, when I draw a perfect circle or square does it come out as an oval? Is it perhaps due to my resolution? 1280x960?

If not, I was wondering what I can do about it? I've tried the manual, but display nothing on this part.

Thanks.

What I see -

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheNerd

TheNerd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

Try setting it to the native resolution of 1680x1050. Sometimes LCD screens get a bit distorted if you aren't running them at the resolution they were designed for.

The circle in the picture looks fine to me.

#3 ill_Nino

ill_Nino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

Now they are distorted vertically.

So there is no software that could aid in this?

#4 TheNerd

TheNerd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

I checked around Google a bit and couldn't find any type of software that would fix this.

Maybe you could try updating the driver. You could also check the settings on the monitor config menu. Maybe resetting it to the factory defaults will help.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,816 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:11 AM

Your monitor has an aspect ratio of 16:10, so any resolution that doesn't preserve this ratio will be distorted. 1280 x 960 is a 4:3 ratio, if you wanted to use 1280 for image size, you'd need to have 1280 x 800 available.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 TheNerd

TheNerd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

Your monitor has an aspect ratio of 16:10, so any resolution that doesn't preserve this ratio will be distorted. 1280 x 960 is a 4:3 ratio, if you wanted to use 1280 for image size, you'd need to have 1280 x 800 available.

Well according to the specs that were posted 1680x1050 is the native resolution so there shouldn't be any distortion at that resolution but he says there was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users