Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG Free

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

Anyone else running into a Problem finding this?
Last Wednesday it was on the site and i go back last night and i can't find it anywhere.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:07 AM

Since they have updated their website they are making it a little harder to find. Another step on the slippery slope to no more freebies I guess. You can get it here.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:11 AM

www.grisoft.com

under -> SALES & REGISTRATION
AVG Trial Versions

it now says it's a 30 day trial version ??
don't know what that's about .

hope it doesn't effect my previously installed freeware version7

#4 LoLucky

LoLucky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:55 AM

Thanks guys!

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

twistofcain~ under -> SALES & REGISTRATION
AVG Trial Versions

it now says it's a 30 day trial version ??
don't know what that's about .

hope it doesn't effect my previously installed freeware version7

Not to worry. This is not refering to AVG Free.

AVG Free EditionAVG Free Edition is available free-of-charge to home users! AVG Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. Use of AVG Free Edition within any organization or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.

Please note the following with AVG Free Edition:

AVG Free cannot be installed on server operating systems (such as Windows Server 2003), nor can it be used for scanning of network drives
Scheduling options in the AVG Free Edition are very limited (only one scheduled update per day, one scheduled scan per day etc.)
AVG Free Edition does not offer advanced testing options, such as automatic healing, password-protected archives reporting, adjustment of scan process priority and many others.

AVG Free Edition
Welcome to the new AVG Free home page! AVG Free Edition Webpage

NEW AVG ANTI-VIRUS FREE EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
Download the New AVG Free Edition Now.

After 5 years and millions of free downloads, GRISOFT is pleased to announce the upgrade of the popular AVG Free Edition. Individual home computer users with the NEW version of AVG Free Edition will now benefit from some of the significant improvements drawn from the AVG Professional Editions.

Please be advised that all database updates and support for older versions of AVG Free Edition are no longer available. If you are currently using an older version of AVG Free Edition (ie: Version 6.0), you should download the new version of AVG Free Edition in order to continue to be protected from viruses.

Click and upgrade your current AVG Free to the New AVG Free Edition! Your current AVG Free Edition will be uninstalled during the installation process of the New AVG Free Edition.

Program update AVG Free 7.308
A new recommended update of the AVG Free Edition is available for download. It contains fixes and improvements of many program components of the AVG Anti-Virus. Most important changes include:

Repaired .msg files opening when MS Outlook add-on installed.
Limit situations handling in Resident Driver improved.
System fail on some Win9x with EMS corrected.
Non-standard situation Language component initialization corrected.
Hidden update process hangup possibility lowered.
Improved old files removal on de-installation.
We recommend you to update your AVG Free Edition using the built-in update function so that the much smaller differential update is used.
- January 3, 2005 -

Edited by scarlett, 21 March 2005 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:43 PM

For a direct download site go to the link in my signature, and goto the bottom of the page that comes up and click download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users