Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Removing Celldorado Spyware From Vista Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 weegieq

weegieq

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:03 AM

Hi all,

My current probem is on my dads laptop(it has vista sp1 on it and has had all possible updates) bought just over a yr ago. every time the internet is accessed (with either internet explorer 7 or mozila firefox2.0.13) i receive constant pop ups. after googling i believe im infected with the CELLDORADO malware/spyware/trojan(whichever it may be??) the laptop is simply unusable(in my point of view) and ive spent many hours trawling the net and doing hijacthis logs, Navilog1 and using the following- trojan hunter registry mechanic avg, ad-aware. with no joy so far.

There is also a problem with internet links, some simply cannot be accessed, I do not know whether this is linked with CELLDORADO, or something stupid i have missed in the options. When i speak of links it tends to be a link that open up a new window(ive changed the basic setting to open up in a new tab but that does not always work, for instance im a betting man and when u wish to check ur balance a small window pops up, this will not work on the laptop and if i copy the link and paste it into a new webpage again nothing will happen.)

apologies for grammer and explanation, ive tried to put everthing i can think of into this post, if there is any further information needed just post and i will try to provide it.

thanks in advance for any help u may be able to provide

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:56 AM

hello and welcom :thumbsup: you mention navilog 1 ; have you used it or any other file -sharing program or downloaded anything recently ?

which version of avg antivirus program are you using and what other protection?

you mention using HJT logs? have you been trying to read and interpret them or have you even been removing lines from the logs and if so under whose instructions ?

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

you seem to have an active HJT log thread running on another site ;maybe you would be best to await their instructions?

#4 weegieq

weegieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:19 AM

Hi ruby1 - thanks for your reply.

I initially registered with malwareremoval.com and a moderator advised me on navilog1 and HJT, but as this is my dads laptop and i live quite far away the topic was closed before i could complete all the processes. I have access to the latop till saturday and hope to get this fixed for him by then(fingers x'd)
I dont think there are any file sharing programmes on the machines(my dads not like that) ive downloaded avg 7.5 (he previously had some version of norton) and ad-aware 2007, both avg and adaware are the free versions. He also has windows defender, which (i think) comes with vista.

With HJT logs, ive never tried to change anything on them ive only ever posted the information on the malwareremoval forum.

#5 weegieq

weegieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

ive had that thread running for quite a long time now and im no furter forward. as i said i only have limited access to the laptop and would like to get this fixed asap. if either this site or the other can help i would close the other post

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

As you already have an open and active log on the malware forum , you really need to continue to receive help from that site

if you know you will be away from the site for some days let your helper on the malaware forum know so they do not think you have abandoned the thread

it is worth noting that ALL HJT helpers on ANY forum give of their time freely and you may NOT get a reply as rapidly as you might wish to

please be patient and await the malware forum to reply to you :thumbsup:

#7 weegieq

weegieq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

sorry if ive upset u, this was not my intention. all im trying to do is fix the pc. surely you can understand my position??. What you don't seem to be picking up is that I have been trying the other site for some considerable time now(well over a month) and not only have I used other peoples time I have also invested my own time.

I thank you for your help but I dont think ill be getting any further from here.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

If you are not getting the required assistance from another site, then inform them you are going elsewhere so they can close that thread.

When you have done that, post a fresh log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

If you don't want to do that then, please refrain from asking for help from others while you are being instructed by someone helping you with a hijackthis log elsewhere. Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. If you had posted your log here, similar rules would apply. We would ask that you refrain from asking for help elsewhere.

If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you have any questions please PM me or another moderator.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users