Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Signal Detected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ladyannie

ladyannie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:20 AM

Hi I have tried everything I can think of and I am totally clueless where to look next.

During the night an insect invaded the power supply of the computer. One dead bug and one dead power supply. Replaced the power supply and connected the whole thing back up. No signal detected by monitor. Tested the computer with another definitely working monitor, still no signal. Disconnected from the video card and tried the on board video. Thinking maybe the video card may be overriding the on board I removed the card and tested again. Decided to then plug in a new motherboard that I had bought for emergencies and still no signal from the on board video.

Is there any ideas and please feel free to ask for more information.

Annie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:22 AM

Hi ladyannie, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Do the fans and LEDs turn on when you power up the computer. I'm guessing that you have gone back and rechecked all of your connections not only the ones from the PSU?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ladyannie

ladyannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:21 AM

yes fans work and i can hear the number count that the ram does on POST. There are no error beeps and hdd led and power led all light up

#4 ladyannie

ladyannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:26 AM

Just a weird question .... will it start up if the CPU is damaged.. i really don't know what else to think of.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

That was my thought as well. You've seemed to have ruled out everything else
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users