Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Storage Problem

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 3volution

3volution

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:29 AM

I bough a usb flash drive so I could transfer my pics on the ps2 of GT4 to my computer but it says "Error accesing flash drive" about halfway trought the transfer,i was told that i had to format it to fat32 but the only option i have is FAT,does anyone have any suggestion or knows how i can fix my problem?the drive size is 15mb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:58 AM

What is the make of the drive and your operating system?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 3volution

3volution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:32 AM

My operating sistem is windos xp home edition and the make of the drive is compusa 16 mb flash drive

Edited by 3volution, 21 March 2005 - 10:40 AM.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:21 AM

i was told that i had to format it to fat32 but the only option i have is FAT

Do what you did before and format the drive with FAT. XP will only format it FAT32 or NTFS.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 3volution

3volution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:40 AM

It's formated with FAT cuz that's the only option i have,here's a screenshot of the options i have

Posted Image

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

Thats fine. When you install XP on a computer you have the option of using either FAT32 or NTFS. It would seem your file system is FAT32 so go ahead.

#7 3volution

3volution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:03 PM

That worked and i was able to transfer the pics to it and then i plugged it in the pc and no pics were there then i tried transfering them again and the same problem from before hapenned,should i try formatin it again and give it another try?

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:52 PM

ps2 of GT4

Are you saying that you are transfering pictures from Play Station 2? What is GT4? It sounds like your computer doesn't recognize the format of the file type that the pictures are in.

#9 3volution

3volution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:06 PM

GT4 is Gran Turismo 4,it has a feature were u can transfer photos u take from the game to a usb flash drive so then u can upload them on your pc,it only transfered them one time and now it says the same error,i tried formating it again and nothing

#10 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:15 PM

You may have moved those pictures without copying them and in that case when you formatted again the pictures are gone. Can you still see them on the play station?

#11 3volution

3volution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:17 PM

Yeah they are still saved on the memory card
Edit:thay arent on the memory card,they were moved,i still have the replay so i can take them again

This is the drive i have

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...5067&pfp=BROWSE

Edited by 3volution, 21 March 2005 - 01:30 PM.

#12 3volution

3volution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:05 PM

Sorry for double posting but i found out my mp3 works fine for pics so i guess i'll use the flash drive for the computer thanks for ur help

#13 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:19 PM

I just had a look at the manual and it seems that playstation has its own file format called playstation2 format and that the flash drives can only be used for saving or transferring game data but you won't be able to see the pictures on your pc.

#14 3volution

3volution
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:25 PM

Well with my mp3 i can,here's one of them
Posted Image

#15 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

Cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users