Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Superantispyware V4 Question?.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

My PC's OS is Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and I use Comodo Firewall Pro, Avira Antivirus and SpyWare Blaster as real time protection. I also have AVG Antispyware and SuperAntiSpyware installed which I run manually once a week on a rota basis. Twice out of the last three times I have used SuperAntiSpyware since it updated to the latest version and right at the end of it's scan I have received a pop up saying that it will be closed due to the application asking to terminate in an unorthodox manner. There is also something about a ++Runtime Error++. If I restart it again it will complete without incident but I would like to know what the pop up box means. I think it is from Comodo.

Today was the third time I have scanned with Superantispyware V4 and it had found 1 object (tracking cookie)prior to me getting the afore mentioned pop up. Instead of restarting it this time I started AVG Antispyware instead which on completion had found 9 objects all tracking cookies.

Although not sure for certain I think it is some sort of problem between it and Comodo but maybe it is a problem with this newest version of Superantispyware I don't know but would appreciate any advice offered. Thanks in advance,
Bluesjunior.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

What is the exact message of the pop up? Have you tried checking whether the problem you are experiencing is being discussed/has been discussed at the Super Antispyware forum: http://forums.superantispyware.com/

Super Antispyware v4 and Comodo Firewall Pro are both running on my computer without any problems...

Edited by Juha, 31 March 2008 - 08:01 PM.

#3 Josho

Josho

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

Super Antispyware v4 and Comodo Firewall Pro are both running on my computer without any problems...

Me too!!!!

Edited by Josho, 31 March 2008 - 11:28 PM.

Chess, Outdoor Sport, Games & Computers.

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the forum link, I will have a look there.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

Please let us know what your find out.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:23 AM

One of the mods at the Superantispyware forum sent me a link for a beta version of 4.1.0.1014 and told me to uninstall the one I had and to try the beta to see if it would help.

I did as clean an uninstall as I knew how to I even deleted all references to it in Comodo Firewall and Defence+ installed the beta after a reboot and it completed a scan and finished without me getting the warning pop-up.

I still think the problem was caused by Comodo Defence+ as after telling Comodo to treat it as an installer / updater during install on finishing I went to Defence + and ammended the rule to "Trusted Application", started a scan and got pop-up after pop-up, after around 10-12 of these I paused the scan and went to check the defence+ rule and lo and behold it had magically reverted to "Treat as updater/installer". I changed it again and again it was changed back so I decided to sit and ok all the pop-ups manually until it had finished. It wasn't so bad as after the registry and running programs had finished approx 382 and 4277 files it completed the remaining 23842 files without a pop-up. So I will leave it a few days and scan again and see how it goes next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users