Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Driver Error In Idirect3ddevice9 - Zomie Panic Source Game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cpumelter

cpumelter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

Here is an error that I encounter when trying to run this game. I can play anywhere from 1/2 hr. on, & this happens randomly. The game crashes back to the desktop & then I get this error message;

"Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9:: present()"

"hl2.exe has encountered an error and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience"

Also, my textures will get screwed up a lot. (some walls or objects will be turned completely black)

My specs are;

Win XP home SP2
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
2.21 GHZ.
1.00 GB Ram

Video Card - ATI All in wonder 9600 / 256 Video Card Ram

Right now I am running drivers from Omega.net. It has happened with the stock (ATI provided) drivers as well.
Any Ideas?
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 terrordv

terrordv

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

in your steam game list right click on the game and click on properties then local files under that tab click on verify integrity of game cache.
the black textures might be something over heating try to clean it out if you can. could be a dx9 error to make sure you have the latest version.

#3 cpumelter

cpumelter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for the reply. Since my post, I dumped the Omega drivers & have reloaded the ATI provided drivers, latest ones. DX is up to date. When they drivers are installed, I have an ! in Dev. manager & it says -

ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver

behind it. I searched google/other, cannot find a real fix for it. I don't believe it is related to the gaming issues, but it would be nice to have that fixed...

Edited by cpumelter, 02 April 2008 - 07:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users