Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need To Restore My Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marcscott

marcscott

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

I need to retore my laptop to the day I bought it but all I can find is restor points. The comp has had work done to it a few times and has has windows XP loaded and VIsta removed. Is this going to be possible? If not how can I remove all saved Passwords atleast?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

What is the make and model of the computer?

If you contact the manufacturer of the computer, they should be able to send you a set of restore disks for a nominal charge.

The free program CCleaner is able to remove stored passwords, temp files etc from internet browsers. If you choose to use CCleaner though, stay well away from the registry cleaning function as this may cause more harm than good.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users