Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replace Firefox Version 2.0.0.13

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grandpaw7

grandpaw7

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Since I downloaded this last security fix, firefox has become as slow as molasses. And it acts up in various ways, all of which I can't remember. But the scroll bar at the right doesn't work like it did. When I hold my cursor just above or below the two arrows, instead of quickly scrolling all the way, it scrolls only a little way, so that I have to keep clicking to get it to scroll all the way. And often I can no longer highlight a sentence by scrolling over it with the shift key down. There are other things that don't work at they used to, but the main problem is the slowness.

I want to get rid of this version and replace it with an older, faster version. The previous version I had, which I guess was 12 rather than 13, worked okay for me but if there is a faster version I would like to get it, and take my chances on the resultant security risk.

How do I go about doing that? I understand I need to uninstall the current version and then install the replacement. But where can I find an older but faster version?

Thanks, grandpaw7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

It may be an idea to start with some troubleshooting, using Firefox's Standard Diagnostic.

This is the index of Firefox's Releases.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users