Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Turned A Mp3 Player Into A Boot Loader Disk Drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 millgard

millgard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

My daughter plugged in her generic mp3 player (iPod look a like) to my computer and somehow Vista has turned it into a boot loader device. When I try to open the icon it asks me to insert a disk and through device manager it lists it as USB 2.0 Boot Loader USB Device in disk drives. For the sake of my daughters sanity can someone help me make it play the loud horrible music she like to listen to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

What is the make and model of the MP3 player? It may require special software for Windows to recognize it (and it may not be Vista compatible).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 millgard

millgard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:58 AM

there is no make etc for the player. it was through Ebay Australia New Clip-on 1GB MP3 WMA Player - Aussie Seller (#230234949182). I didnt need specific software to load it the first time. the problem occured when i went to recharge it and load songs.
thanks in advance

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:19 AM

Is it recognized in other computers? Try both Vista and XP systems if you can. You may also want to post this problem over in the Audio and Video forum - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/65/audio-and-video/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 millgard

millgard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

Iíve tried it on several different systems. vista and xp. All say the same result. Ill add it to the other forum. If you know of a generic mp3 driver I can try it would be most helpful. I appreciate all that you have done so far and if you come across a solution....I owe you.

Thanks

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

The generic one's that I've used would store the music on the drive as MP3 files - and the player itself takes care of the rest (I've got a Sony and a Creative player that work this way).

The only other thing I can think of is that the drive may be corrupted - so it may need a format to get it back to "normal" - but the Audio and Video forum would have people who are more knowledgeable about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users