Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning Stuff To A Dvd+r

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:13 AM

I have a question if you convert an avi format to a DVD format and then burn in to a DVD+R than will it be able to play on a DVD player?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

first your computer has to have the right tools for converting, it's a intensive operation, then you need to play the converted composition from your hard drive

then you have a good dvd burner, updated firmware and choose a blank that's compatible with your player

many older players have issues with burned dvd's, some crappy new ones also

now you need good burning software and here again a clean system to burn with, the cruddier programs like sonic, itunes etc load filter drivers that are easily corrupted and mess up burning

then if you have done everything right including choosing quality media your chance of success should average 95-99%

Even I am having some issues with a verbatim every now and then

bitsetting a dvd+r to dvd-rom usually increases playability
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

i suggest VSO convertXtoDVD. very user friendly dvd encoder and burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users