Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Firewall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 karbo1

karbo1

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:43 AM

I'm planning on buying Kaspersky antivirus and was wondering if you had any thought on its firewall. How does it compare to Zone Alarm? Is it as reliable? Is it easy to use? Does it have a pop-up blocker, add blocker or cookie manager?

Thank you

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 31 March 2008 - 09:23 AM.

Please post back if we found the solution

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

I think you mean Kaspersky Internet Security because Kaspersky Anti-virus, as stated, is an ANTI-VIRUS. Whichever you mean, I haven't used none of them (as in paid for one), but I have tried a demo of the paid version of Kaspersky Anti-virus, which I have used to clean my computer. It was very good.

Zone Alarm is only a firewall (which is a quite good two way firewall)

As for Internet Security 7 (3 User Edition) here is its 'Product Features'
(From Amazon.co.uk)

Includes Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0
Defends Against Internet Fraud
Protects From Online Identity Theft
Keeps Your Children Safe Online
Provides Personal Data Protection
Comprehensive Protection From: Viruses, Trojans & Worms/Spyware, Backdoors & Other Crimeware/Keyloggers, Rootkits, Phishing & Spam/Hacker Attacks (Two-Way Firewall)
Triple Protection: Highest Detection Rates/Fastest Response To New Threats With Hourly Updates/Proactive Protection From New, Unknown Threats
Privacy Control
Parental Control
Excellent Performance
Minimises Downtime
Free Technical Support

And here is one Online Review you might like to check:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=1008

As a note, many experts say there's none (whether paid for or free) which can provide 100% Protection.

Edited by Juha, 31 March 2008 - 07:07 PM.

#3 Josho

Josho

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

Before buying, Checkout:

Comodo Firewall Pro
Avast! Antivirus 4.8
Chess, Outdoor Sport, Games & Computers.

#4 karbo1

karbo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

My God! I uninstalled the free trial version of Kasperky Internet Security 7.0 and just installed Eset Smart Security (NOD32) instead. :trumpet:

Wow, what a difference! No more bugging me from Kaspersky (firewall pop-ups all the time, trial pop-ups prompted me every hour or so to tell me how many days I had left with my free trial (and asking me to buy! :flowers: ), clean running in the background with NOD32, fast and unoticeable updates, smart automatic running firewall (Kaspersky was so damn complicated and interfered with all program installation applications unless you setted it to low filtering. It was difficult to know wich settings to use. Configuration was really complicated.), NOD32 antivirus takes less than half the time to scan my computer (8 minutes to scan C drive compared to 18 minutes for Kaspersky), Kaspersky anti-spam installed an annoying tool bar in Outlook Express that couldn't be deleted (NOD32 lets you make it disappear).

I respect everybody wanting to use Kaspersky because it's supposed to be a good antivirus software. But, just look at all the awards NOD32 won over the years. I always felt really confident with NOD32 and I will stick to it. :thumbsup:

Edited by karbo1, 04 April 2008 - 10:18 AM.

Please post back if we found the solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users