Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryp Tap-2, C:\windows\system32\pmnmklia.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amadeus774

amadeus774

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Antivirus: Trend Micro PC-cillin

Real-time Scan
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security has detected a virus, spyware application, or other Internet threat, and performed the action specified.

Infected file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnmklIA.dll
Virus name: Cryp_Tap-2
User name:
Scan action result: The Delete action was unsuccessful. Manually delete the file.
Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is enabled and is executed after scanning, you can click Next to view final scan result information.

Ran antivirus, but does not allow me to take any actions. Cannot delete, quarantine, or clean the file. I tryed the Trojan.Vundo fix program http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-112111-3912-99 but did not solve the issue. It says the system is clean, but the file still remains and Trend Micro keeps poping up. I have tryed to maually delete the file but get an error message saying that the file is in use by a program and to close any program that might be using it and try again, I cannot locate any program using the file. Also tryed to restore to an earlier date but all restore points before last night (when the virus was first detected)were deleted, I am assuming by the virus.

What do I do?

Thanks
-Amadeus774

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. You will need to avail yourself of our HiJackThis Team and tools.
Carefully follow the instructions from our tutorial here, Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .
After completion of creating the log ,please post it here, HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal and NOT in this thread.
Should you require any assistance proceeding,ask those questions in this thread.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users