Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suneo

suneo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

I installed Microsoft Office 2007 upgrade onto my new computer and set up Outlook, but it will not open. I get the error message: "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Create a new profile by double-clicking the Mail icon in Control Panel, clicking Show Profiles, and then clicking Add. After creating the new profile, make it your default by selelcting it, and then click Always Use This Profile."

I don't know anything about profiles, but I followed the above instructions just to give it a try and, needless to say, it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get Outlook to open? It worked fine on my old computer with Windows XP.

Thanks,
Suneo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

Do either of these 2 links explain it any better?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 suneo

suneo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Yes, the first link worked immediately. Thank you so much. You made my day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users