Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp A6200n Ethernet Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcanoli

dcanoli

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:45 AM

As usual, I have spent countless hours last night and this morning, trying to solve the problem myself.

I have been thru all the PC help topics, HP's website, and now, I am on to the EXPERTS.

PLEASE HELP, if you can!!!

Scenario: New HP Pav.-bought 1/08. Right out of the box, connected to wireless router (like old computer--exact same setup)--network will not recognize the internet.

Played and played and PLAYED with it--then, for some miraculous reason, the internet appeared, and everything was set.

THEN, last night, I disconnected the vonage phone we had connected to the PC (since we discontinued service), and guess what? Yep, you guessed it.....NO INTERNET AGAIN....

I have tried switching ethernet cords, rebooting EVERYTHING, etc. etc. etc.

Why won't the ethernet slot on this machine recognize the internet?

I KNOW the 'net is working--we have a wireless network, and the other desktop and laptop that use the router are up and running (hence, this post).

ANY CLUE ON WHAT IS GOING ON? Is it Vista? Is it HP? It is a bad MB or ethernet port?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I am going insane!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dcanoli

dcanoli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:52 AM

Update--don't know what I did--maybe hitting the "reset" button on the back of the router, but magically, my main (connected/hard-wired) PC came back on-line....

HOWEVER, now, the wireless PC went off-line! It can't connect to the router.

I've entered the mac addresses in the router's filter, but it's still not recognizing it. Does anyone have any ideas what in the world is going on?

Edited by dcanoli, 30 March 2008 - 08:52 AM.

#3 dcanoli

dcanoli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

I guess I'll answer myself again! LOL...

MAGICALLY, everything is working again.....good grief....you just keep trying and trying until something clicks and works I guess!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users