Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zonealarm Can't Run It's Anti-virus Scan!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bschoeck

bschoeck

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

Hello everybody,

My ZoneAlarm was working great for a few months. Recently, if I try to run the AV scan, I get this security alert:

SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR
C:\WINDOWS\sytem32\ZoneLabs\avsys\
ScanningProcess.exe
(ScanningProcess.exe) event=0
subevent=0 class=1 ("system", '''','''')

I click "Allow", the scan runs for about 2 seconds, but the security alert pops up again. And again. Eternally.

I have a Windows 2000 SP2.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

Suspicious behavior popup with virus scan
http://forum.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/board/...essage.id=27078

#3 bschoeck

bschoeck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for the link! But it didn't work...now I've uninstalled completely per this:

Antivirus scan problem

Will keep in touch!...

Edited by bschoeck, 31 March 2008 - 08:14 AM.

#4 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

bschoeck
You're welcome
tork :thumbsup:

#5 bschoeck

bschoeck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

YES! I uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled the free ZoneAlarm. No more SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, tork!

#6 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

bschoeck,

Excellent - must admit your edited message had me baffled - at 8:12a.m this morning I read your post that said the database reset worked - just now its been edited to reflect something different - just a suggestion for my sanity and others it would have been better to just post another message saying something to the effect - thought it worked - but it did not. Just a thought - because when you are helping people it helps to follow the original trail. Have a good day

tork

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

it helps if you only edit a posting if you have made a spelling or similar mistake :trumpet:

when folks are following a discussion on a thread and go back to it to find whole sections removed the resultant thread can appear almost nonsense

many of us 'read around' the forums and threads to learn and it can be a wee bit frustrating to find the original problem has been virtually edited out and a comment left on the thread such as ' I fixed it ' :flowers:

it really helps to know what the original problem was and how it did get fixed :thumbsup:

#8 bschoeck

bschoeck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

Okay, sorry about that...I had followed PART of the fix, posted back to this forum, and then realized I hadn't completed the fix. Which I then found out it wasn't really a fix. But yeah; my bad! Cheers, bschoeck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users