Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Will Not Boot Up - Maybe From Vundo Virus?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joanie1014

joanie1014

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hello. I was working with a member in the HJT forum to get rid of several nasty vundo viruses and probably a ton more trojans. We were successful, but then about 3 days later my computer crashed. When I turn my computer on, it asks me if I want to start from last good known config., start windows normally, etc. Any option I choose I am led to the blue error screen about 5 seconds later. This is my error message on the blue screen:

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x865072B8, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did install recovery console, I have 3 CD's that came with my computer...one of them is a microsoft office small business edition 2003, a business contact manager update for microsoft outlook 2003 and a mcafee security center reinstallation cd. Am I going to have to reformat?

Thank you in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joanie1014

joanie1014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

here is a link to my topic in the HJT forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic131588-15.html

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:40 AM

The suggested solution for this error is to run Chkdsk /f /r from your repair console. There is a detailed tutorial for doing this that you can read here. The only thing that I didn't see there was the fact that you will have to going into the BIOS and make your CD-ROM the first item in the boot order so that the computer will boot from the disc.

The link in this post does not work, please use the one in my next post.

Edited by dc3, 30 March 2008 - 08:48 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 joanie1014

joanie1014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

That hyperlink does not work and I cannot find the topic in tutorials. Also, what disk am I going to use?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

Let's try that again, sorry about that. Try this.

Edited by dc3, 30 March 2008 - 08:46 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-install-the-windows-xp-recovery-console/
You'll need your XP installation CD in order to install the Recovery Console
If you do not have an installation CD, but do have an i386 directory on your hard drive, you can install it by typing:
C:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons (presuming that the i386 directory is located in the root of the C: drive).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users