Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do U Like Classical Music ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Richlife

Richlife

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Classical music is very cool and good for knownlege development. Do u think it ?

I very like Classical music. how about you ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:29 PM

I do, if I can find a the time.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

I do also, though I do listen to a wide array of music. Much of the morning I play Classical at work. I tend to lean toward keyboards. I can't really say I have a favorite.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

I grew up with classical music, and have two favorites from that time, Brahms Piano Concerto No.2, and Beethoven's Piano Concerto No.5, the Emepror Concerto. Then again I have a thing for the blues as well.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 msamelia

msamelia

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:33 AM

sorry i don't.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:43 AM

I listen to anything that's played - as long as it isn't so loud that it prevents me from thinking.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

Having grown up with classical music, I hardly ever chose to listen to anything else. when younger, I learned to play (or so I thought at the time) the piano and sang in choruses (at least with gusto), so those two aspects continue to fascinate me.
The Gilel's reading of Brahms is inspiring, and I have several 5ths I listen to.
I am spending this year's entire commute time listening to Karajan's early Beethoven symphony cycle with the Berliners, and spent last year going through Jochum's Bruckner.
So much great music and so little time! Someone mentioned Nielson, so I guess some CDs will be added to my collection.
John

Edited by jgweed, 31 March 2008 - 10:52 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 Boardwalkgirl

Boardwalkgirl

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

I love classical music. But I like it like this: I'll listen to something by Mozart, and then immediately after that I'll listen to something by someone like Rage Against the Machine. After the song by RAM is played, I'll then listen to a piece by Beethoven. After listening to Beethoven, I'll immediately play something by someone like Interpol. I like to switch things up. It's like driving a car down the street and then without stopping throwing shifting the car in reverse . :thumbsup:

#9 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

I used to study to Tchaikovsky's nutcracker.. but thats the only classical music I listen to. Rest of the time its normally rock or something a bit heavier.. :thumbsup:

#10 Garric

Garric

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

Classical music is something that i don't listen to everyday, but like to listen to occasionally. It is good study music, and can definitely be calming, but most of the time i prefer more upbeat music. Of the same age, i would prefer folk music over classical music.

#11 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

From what little I've heard of "Classical Music" I've discovered that it varies a lot in style. I do like J.S.Bach's "Toccata & Fugue in d minor" (on a big pipe organ) but not so much a lot of the "softer" classical stuff, as a lot of it just sound "sad" . I also like the "Flight of the Valkyries" (have never met anyone who doesn't) and most of the other energetic music of a classic nature. I must admit first exposure to Classical music was through Saturday Morning Cartoons, from old Merrie Melodies to Bugs Bunny (I really miss Saturday Mornings :thumbsup:)
Just curious, when a person writes a new piece of music in classical form today, is it still considered "classical" ? As a "new classic" seems to be a oxymoron

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#12 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

I love listening to it when I am studying, or I will listen to some Enya. Either way they are both soothing for me. I love NorthEast, Ohio though, no matter where you are in the area you can pick up WKSU. They play classical music and have NPR news occasionally, best combination!

#13 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:37 AM

I play the violin over 11 years and I only listen to Classical music when I play, or hearing recordings just to get the familiarization. I'm not saying I don't like classical music, but I enjoy more when i participate in it.

#14 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

"Just curious, when a person writes a new piece of music in classical form today, is it still considered "classical" ? As a "new classic" seems to be a oxymoron."

For the most part, when a person writes a new piece its seems an oxymoron to call it music when it is performed in a concert hall.

Strickly speaking, "classical" refers to a specific period and style (very roughly 1700-1800) in "classical music" that falls (and partly overlaps earlier Baroque and later Romantic periods) but has come to commonly and loosely mean all "serious" music. The latter term is often used, and seems to be more appropriate when speaking, for example, of a genre that includes Glass or Copeland as well as Bach, Beethoven, and Bruckner.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#15 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

Ok, Thanks :thumbsup:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users