Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ebay Log in Errors after SpywareBlaster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Onlythebrave

Onlythebrave

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:00 PM

When on the internet and want to go to ebay, I put in www.ebay.co.uk as usual, but instead of going to the login page I go staight to my personal page with out putting in my id or password, then I am told I am not allowed to view this page. Also get error messages, such as

Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed or functioning properly

Line 19
Char 1
Error Blocked Refereris undefined/ (or) ebay is undefined/(or) object expected
Code 0

I have had problems with malware over the last few days, but have cleared that with Hijackthis and this boards great help.

However having been spooked by so many problems with stuff on my computer recently I am wary of strange changes.
On internet Options have deleted cookies and delete files, but that did not help.

Have I got a problem with the new anti virus software,( or not my problem but ebays?

Any ideas Please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:12 PM

It won't be ZoneAlarm causing problems but it might be SpywareBlaster. Open SB and click Disable all protection and try the ebay site again. That will let you know if it is interferring. Its not likely though.

Don't forget to enable the protection again.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Onlythebrave

Onlythebrave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:09 PM

Hi

Disbaled SB, but that didn't have any effect, so enabled it again

Any other thoughts out there?

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:11 PM

If you are using Norton disable script blocking. That error sounds like a script error.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users