Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Niko24130

Niko24130

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

I think I might have a virus on my computer. I have the latest spybot and Trend Micro Pc-cillin on my computer but I am unable to run either. A pop up keeps coming up telling me "This application failed to initialize properly (0xc000142)." Also I cannot open my internet options to allow stuff to download like Java which I was going to use do an internet scan for viruses on my computer. I have tried the steps I was told to do before posting something but I cannot get past four because I cannot download or run anything. Also I have tried to print things from my computer and after a few minutes the program will shut down and will not print. Lastly, I have tried opening a few other programs such as my Zune application and an error message appears saying "E:/ File Systerm error (-1073741502)." Then it asks to do either cancel the app or debug it and I tried debugging it but it says that "No registered JIT debugger was specified." I am not sure what to do.

Thanks

Edited by Orange Blossom, 29 March 2008 - 05:39 PM.
Moved from HJT forum ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

Hello Niko24130,

Let's see what we can do for you in this forum. In order to assist you we need to know what your operating system is: Windows XP, Vista, etc. If XP, is it the Home or Pro edition and do you have Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 installed?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Niko24130

Niko24130
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

I Have Windows Vista.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Hi let's try an Online scan as no install is needed.
Please disable your current antivirus for the time of the scan. It may cause conflicts. After the scan you can renable it.

Note:
You must launch Internet Explorer as an Administrator. Right-click the IE icon in the Start Menu and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.

You also need to add the website address (url) of the antivirus scanner you are using to the Trusted Zone of Internet Explorer, for the scanner to function properly. How To Add website address (url)

ESET's Online Antivirus Scan

The ESET Online Scanner saves a log file after running. The path to the log file is "C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt".
You can view this file by navigating to the directory and double-clicking on it in Windows Explorer, or by copying and pasting the path specification above (including the quotation marks) into the Start >Run dialog box from the Start Menu on the desktop.

Please copy/paste that log in your next reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Niko24130

Niko24130
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

ok I tried both the things suggested above. I tried to open IE as an administrator but a window popped up saying "C:/ProgramFiles/InternetExplorer/iexplore.exe File System error (-1073741502)"

Also with opening the website. The website opened and I tried to download ActiveX but when I clicked to download it, my security settings blocked it and I cannot change those because I cannot open the internet options of Internet Explorer.

I also cannot open unistall/change programs.

Edited by Niko24130, 29 March 2008 - 09:58 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

Can you do this?
Try going to "Start", "Computer", then right click the C: drive and select "Properties".
Click on the "Tools" tab and click on "Check Now" for Error-Checking. Make sure the
box for "Automatically fix file system errors" is checked and click "Start".
Let it reboot and do it's thing. When it's done you should end up back at your desktop.
See if that fixed the problem.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users