Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio...turned Awful Yesterday! Help Needed!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LizLizLiz

LizLizLiz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Hi there...new here...Broken Sony Vaio on loan from work and need help as soon as possible!!!

Yesterday...I was just on the internet...not dowloading anything...just pottering around when suddenly the laptop shut itself off...no warning.
I thought oh thats not good...and attempted to restart it...but when I did...

1.Starts with the VAIO logo thing, and the noise (which i might add gets really irritating if you hear it more than a hundred times, which i now have! )
2. Immediatly goes to black screen, white writing, saying...

'We apoligise for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt

Start Windows with Last Known Goog Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
Seconds until Windows Starts: 30 (Counts down to zero)

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Thats the screen. I have now tried every option to restart the laptop with no luck, I press an option, It starts up with the VAIO screen again, then the Windows flag screen and then goes back to the screen above.

I have also tried using the F8 key... but every option leads to this blue warning screen telling me to restart.

Any ideas?? I need to give it back to my boss asap :S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

Anything that's going to be suggested will be with thing you don't have or have access to and you could possibly make it worse. Seeing how you're not the owner, I suggest giving it back to your boss, explaining to him the way you told us and let him/her decide the best plan of action
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users