Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help On A Weird Situation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 futons1

futons1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

Yesterday I installed IE7 and it wasn' terrible, but i had to mess with it to get it to run right and i had to stop programs like virus and spyware programs. All in all it took several hours for everything to be running normal. Last night i had a problem with a spyware program where it was freezing so I went to add and remove programs to uninstall and reinstall it. Then something weird happened, uninstaller uninstalled the program, sort of. It never left the desk top, I didn't have to reinstall it, all I had to do was reconfigure it and register it like a new product. I was stupid and didn't set up a restore point. The program is working fine,but my problem is that it is not listed in any removal program. System restore said it was removed at 8.30 last night but doesn't show the reinstall. In all the programs, misconfig, task manager, startup and it's ion boots up in the tray the program is there. I will never be able to uninstall it becase it doesn't exist in any removal program. It dosn't have a removal feature and my first thought was to download a freeware removal program,but I don't think it will show up as a working program. DO I MAKE ANY SENSE? I should have set up a retore point but i didin't and I can't go i can't go back further in system restore because of installing IE7. I'm dazed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheNerd

TheNerd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Have you tried reinstalling the software, then looking for the uninstall program so you can uninstall it properly? That usually helps if the uninstall has failed the first time.

#3 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

I can't install it again because then i have two working products, software never uninstalled itself so no files were deleated. If i reinstall it again i will only have one uninstall listing in any uninstaller. I'm thinking about trying a unstall program but I bet if takes it's informarion from the computer and it says that the product was uninstalled yesterday at 8.30.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

Is this the same application that is in your other post? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138933/i-just-need-to-know-if-this-is-right/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 TheNerd

TheNerd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

I can't install it again because then i have two working products, software never uninstalled itself so no files were deleated. If i reinstall it again i will only have one uninstall listing in any uninstaller. I'm thinking about trying a unstall program but I bet if takes it's informarion from the computer and it says that the product was uninstalled yesterday at 8.30.

If you reinstall it to the same location as the other one then you should still only have one installation of this. What software are you talking about? Have you checked their forums/support to see if this is a known problem ?

#6 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

It doesn't show up in any uninstall program, but it does show up on any start up program and is working, with errors. When I used the add and remove feature in windows I didn't reboot and they tell you to. But I lost some small folders and files, it cleaned out quarentine like a fresh product and I had to register it again. When i clicked the icon button and I'm talking about superspyware, it did a small install like if you take the icon out of the tray or don't have it start on boot. Now I'm gettin errors that the start up file can find three drivers in the program. If I reinstall it I get the rest of the files I don't have and another set of everything, but the desktop product and still have the same errors. I think that's because it doesn't know that I have anoother product installed. That's my guess because there is a repair icon that I use and it doen't work. If I uninstall it I lose most of the software and it doesn't work, I have to do a system restore to get it back to where it is right now. AND LET ME TELL YOU, THAT SPYWARE SAVED MY BUTT BIG TIME WHEN I WAS HIJACKED WITH TROGANS. I'M A BELIEVER. Just to clear this up on another post I have antivir antivirus, a program called antispyare, spybot seach and destroy (use it only in the advance mode) or it's a waste and spyware terminal so four spyware products and superspyware, and it's the best i have tried and I tried alot. I need it working right.

#7 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hi futons1,

You have a few options to uninstall the program:

When you uninstall make sure you shut down the program first: right-click on the icon on the task bar (on the System Notification Area) and choose exit/close/shut down.
  • The first one is already named: reinstall and then uninstall. It reinstalls on the top of that one you have already on your system. Reinstalling in the same folder (you accept the default folder) doesn't mean you have two of the same program on your system.

• You may also click start > All Programs > if the program is listed move the mouse on it and see if there is an uninstaller there > click on the uninstaller.

• You can go to C:\Program Files > select the program folder you want to uninstall > locate the uninstall.exe file (the name may be different but contains uninstall and it is an exe file)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users