Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Service Cancelation "不不不不不不不wЖ"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 br0ke

br0ke

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

Thanks to Renato I was able to clean my laptop without reformatting some few days ago. However, lately when I shut off my pc I get this odd service Popup that I can't even begin to describe. I'm hoping someone here may have the answer:

不不不不不不不wЖ

Screenshot:

Posted Image

My computer seems to be running fine but I just don't know what to make of this 'warning' before I shut my pc.

Thanks in advance for any answers! :thumbsup:

Edited by br0ke, 29 March 2008 - 02:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:29 AM

Click on Start > Run and type: services.msc
Press OK.
Click the "Extended tab" at the bottom to view all the info on your services.
Scroll down the list and look for any strange/unknown services. Let us know what your find.

Are you finding any suspicious processes in Task Manager? When you experience or encounter strange behavior, always check for new, unknown or suspicious processes that may be running on your system.

Anytime you come across a suspicious file or one that you do not recognize, search the name using Google or the following links:
BC's File Database
BC's Startup Programs Database
File Research Center
ThreatExpert Malware Search
If no search results are found, you are given the option to "Submit a New Sample".

Determining whether a file is malware or a legitimate process sometimes depends on the location (path) it is running from. One of the ways that malware tries to hide is to give itself the same name as a critical system file. However, it then places itself in a different location on your computer. A file's properties may give a clue to identifying it. Right-click on the file, Properties and examine the General and Version tabs.

You can download and use Process Explorer or System Explorer to investigate all running processes and gather additional information to identify and resolve problems. These tools will show the process CPU usage, a description and its path location. If you right-click on the file in question and select properties, you will see more details about the file.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users