Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic Host.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doulton

doulton

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:46 AM

I use Windows X.P.,with SP2,anti virus and I E 6.
Every day on boot up I receive a message that says -
Generic host process for Win 32 encountered a problem and needed to close. This error occurred at (usually the day prior at shut down time)
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
This error message does not seem to affect anything,so I am left wondering if I should be concerned

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:11 PM

Hi doulton,

Please take a screen shot of the error window... and the more detailed error window too. The second window can accessed through a link on the first page. I think it says something like details - should be blue. To do the screen shot follow this link....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...dows-tut96.html

Don't worry, it's easy. :thumbsup: Does the error happen only at start up, or does it occur during reboots?

Thanks doullton and good luck,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 doulton

doulton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:26 AM

Hi!,rigelslight,
Sorry for the long delay,but I have tried experimenting with different options.
It does seems to have corrected itself by having to uninstall the "Panda" anti virus program completely.
Thanks very much for your interest and concern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users